The ethereal beauty of South Carolina’s most visited state park will amaze nature lovers. It attracts more than a million visitors annually. Hunting Island Beach is a peaceful place for everyone who visits it. Cuthbert House Inn can make your visit even more enjoyable. Ask us about our complimentary passes to Hunting Island when you visit. We do have limited supplies that we are happy to share with guests. Request a free copy of our Vacation Guide to learn more about Beaufort, SC. We’ll give you the best recommendations on dining, outdoor activities, historic sites to see, events, and much more. Come join us to experience the city.
Top Picks for Hunting Island Beach Things to Do
Visit the Lighthouse
Hunting Island State Park is home to one of the most beautiful things: a visit at the lighthouse. This lighthouse is the only one that’s open to the public in South Carolina. It was constructed in 1859. Due to beach erosion, it has been rebuilt, relocated, and restored several times. It is a 167-step climb to reach the observation deck. The beautiful beach below will amaze you. Children must be at least 44 inches tall to climb the observation deck. Before bringing your children along, make sure you measure them.
Go fishing and Hunting Island Beach
This popular state park has plenty of fishing spots. You can surf fish in the ocean, try your luck at Johnson Creek, and catch a large fish at the lagoon. You can borrow rods and reels from the Nature Center, or you can buy bait and other gear from the park store. The fishing pier is only partially open so no fishing is allowed. You should still visit it to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Take a hike
Hunting Island State Park has many trails that take you along the coast and through the marsh. You should take a walk to “The Boneyard”, a section of the shoreline covered in ghost trees and eroded. If you’re looking to relax for a while, request to borrow our beach chairs. You can also have a picnic in a Cuthbert House tote.
The Maritime Forest Trail will also be a highlight. It takes you deep into dense Maritime Forest, home to animals such as owls and deer, as well as hawks. Even better is that your pet friend can also be welcomed on many park trails if they are staying in one of the two pet-friendly rooms.
Find out more about the region
The Nature Center offers a guided tour that will take you through the park’s many aspects. You can see their live reptile displays, learn about Hurricane Matthew’s impact on Hunting Island State Park, the surrounding area, as well as discover the beach’s natural resources. The park’s visitor centre houses a small museum with more information about the lighthouse.
We can be your home away from home!
Cuthbert House Inn is only a short drive from Hunting Island Beach. The Eastlake Suite offers many amenities such as 18-century moldings, a traditional Parlor and a historical black marble mantel where Union soldiers inscribed their names in 1862. You can add a romance package to your stay or create your own package to make your trip even more special. You’ll feel at home when you stay with us in Beaufort, SC.
- Country Of Origin : China
- The package height of the product is 5 inches
- The package length of the product is 3.5 inches
- The package width of the product is 0.5 inches
- PEAK SUPPRESSION: These re-moldable Percussive Filters combine Decibullz top-rated custom moldable earplugs with superior percussive ﬁlter technology. These Percussive Filters protect from the peak sound pressures created by gun shots, artillery ﬁre, explosions, and more, by suppressing them to safe levels. This helps protect users from long-term hearing damage
- AUTOMATIC SOUND & PROTECTION: Developed for shooting and military use, Decibullz Percussive Filters feature optimum protection from high level impulse and percussive sounds. The ﬁlters are ANSI IPIL certiﬁed up to 166 dB. When no damaging noise is present, the Decibullz Filters provide a low attenuation, permitting voice and ambient noise to be heard. This allows for situational awareness not provided by traditional hearing protection
- NO BATTERIES REQUIRED: These filtered earplugs utilize a physical percussive/impulse ﬁlter to provide superior hearing protection without the need for batteries. This means your filtered earplugs are always ready to protect you when you need them
- CUSTOM & SECURE COMFORT: As with all Decibullz Custom Molded Earpieces, the Percussive Filters are easily and quickly shaped by the user to the exact shape of their ears. They’re also re-moldable so users can find the perfect fit. The custom shape creates a noise isolating earplug that is both secure and comfortable, relying on natural pressure points. They also easily ﬁt under communications headsets and earmuffs
- HEAT SHAPE REMOLD : These ear plugs are easy to shape to the exact contour of your ear, providing superior sound protection. Simply heat the earplug mold in a cup of boiling water, cool, then insert into your ear. It shapes around your own ear as it cools. Reheat and remold as many times as you like for a perfect fit every time
- INSTANT Electronic Hand Warmer Battery + Case – Designed specifically for hunters, ice fisherman and outdoors enthusiasts
- RUGGED Aluminum exterior case heats up to 115+ degrees Fahrenheit for up to 12 hours with our Best Extra-Capacity 10,000 mAh Lithium-ion Battery power
- DON’T LET COLD FINGERS STOP YOU – great for warming hands, keeping in your pocket, or keeping in a hand muff
- EMERGENCY POWER charges phones, tablets, digital cameras, and more via USB Port – one battery pack will fully charge a smartphone up to 3 times
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE – BoneView ensures 100% satisfaction Since 2015